This blended learning programme offered in partnership with Hautes études Internationales & Politiques (HEIP) has been developed in Paris under the direction of Ms. Ouided Bouchamaoui, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate 2015. This Master's degree enables students and auditors to prepare for career in a company, consulting firm or public institution working on national and/or international crisis issues. In a world where areas of tension are numerous and multifaceted, prevention and arbitration techniques are increasingly used to avoid the destruction of property and the loss of human life caused by armed conflicts as well as to prevent the destabilization of entire countries over long periods of time.
Programme under the direction of Ms. Ouided Bouchamaoui (Nobel Peace Prize 2015).
The programme is delivered in a blended (face-to-face & online) format, and is available in English and French.
This programme is developed in the form of seven specialized thematic seminars allowing students to acquire theoretical knowledge as well as to meet directly with professional figures.
The topics covered within the Master’s include:
- Major Players in Conflict Resolution, Negotiation Skills
- Natural Resources, Environment and Sources of Conflict
- Human Societies, Religious or Ethnic Conflicts
- Democracy, Gender and Conflict Prevention
- Media, Journalism and Information in Times Of Crisis
- Migration, Borders and Refugee Law
- Post-Conflict States and Public Services
Programme Structure and Duration
- From September to February:?1 week of face-to-face courses alternating with 2 weeks in companies
- From March to August: Full-time work in a company with e-learning courses
- September:?1 week of mid-term exams and completion
The programme offers 4 alternative arrangements:
Financed by the company or institution of employment:
- Apprenticeship contract: The trainee is a company employee a fixed-term or permanent contract.
- Professionalization contract: The trainee is a company employee a fixed-term or permanent contract.
Financed by the student, the part in the company is then considered an internship, two types of contracts:
- Classic internship agreement: The student retains their status, tuition fees are paid by them.
- Company Mission School Agreement: The student keeps their status, the tuition fees are paid by them fully or in part.
The speakers are French and foreign. Each seminar is followed by an evaluation.
The validation of the programme credits is linked to obtaining an overall grade equal to or higher than 10 and to the validation of the 6-month period in the company.
Approach, Admission and Tuition Fees
Methods used: The courses have format of both lectures and small-group tutorials. There is also group work + e-learning with evaluations at the end of each semester.
Speakers: All our speakers are lecturers or professional speakers who are experts in their field.
Classes take place:?10 rue Sextius Michel 75015 PARIS or 42 rue Emeriau 75015 Paris, France.
Admission modalities and deadlines: For new students: the candidate obtains the results of the application review 2 weeks after submitting their application. For former HEIP students: the re-enrolment platform is open from May 1 to July 16, 2021.
Accessibility: The premises are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Methods of evaluation: Continuous evaluation + exams at the end of the course.
Level of performance: The rate of those employed?within 6 months after graduation is?86%.
Tuition fees: EUR 8,550, with a reservation deposit of EUR 1,050 (additionally, EUR 90 CVEC tax for new students and EUR 50 application fee), possibility of financing by the host company if the student finds a professionalization or apprenticeship contract.
Applications are open throughout the year and students are accepted on a rolling basis. To be considered for the 2021 intake,?apply before?27?August 2021.?Applicants normally receive the results of their application within 2 weeks.
To apply, click here, and follow the instructions.
Should you need any guidance or additional information, please contact us at:
United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
Division for Peace
Avenue de la Paix 7 bis, CH-1202, 2 Geneva, Switzerland
Hautes études Internationales & Politiques (HEIP)
37 quai de Grenelle 75015 Paris, France